When you use the Service or access the Platform, we employ “cookies” and other similar tracking devices to help us collect and store information about you and other users.
- We also automatically collect the internet protocol (“IP“) address or other unique identifier (“Device Identifier“) for each computer, mobile device, technology or other device (collectively, “Device“) you use to access the Service. A Device Identifier is a number that is automatically assigned to your Device when you access a web site or its servers, and our computers identify each Device by its Device Identifier. Our Service uses several different technologies to collect Usage Information, including Device Identifiers. These may include, without limitation:
- Cookies are small text files placed on a Device when the Device is used to visit the Service or the Site. We may place cookies or similar files on your Device for security purposes, to facilitate site navigation and to personalize your experience while using the Service, including by better tailoring internal recommendations and promoted content to your preferences over time. For example, we may use your web browsing information to try to show you specific recommendations and sponsored recommendations that we think will be of particular interest to you.
If you would prefer not to accept cookies, you can do this by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies, please be aware that some functions and features of the Service may not work properly because we may not be able to recognize and associate you with your Weave account. In addition, we may not be able to tailor our recommendations as well as we would be able to if you had not blocked the cookies.
As is true of most web sites, we and our third-party tracking-utility partner gather certain information automatically and store it in log files. This information includes IP addresses, browser type, internet service provider, referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp and clickstream data. We use this information, which does not identify individual users, to analyze trends, to administer the site, to track users’ movements around the site and to gather demographic information about our user base as a whole.
A pixel tag is a transparent graphic image, sometimes called a web beacon or tracking beacon, placed on a web page or in an e-mail, which indicates that a page or e-mail has been viewed. We do link Personal Information provided to us through the Service to Personal Information. In addition, a pixel tag may tell your browser to get content from another server.
Information You Provide To Us
In addition to the information we collect automatically, we may ask you to provide Personal Information when you sign up for the Service or otherwise communicate or interact with us. We may also ask you to provide other information about yourself, such as name, e-mail address and phone number. If you apply to become a customer of Weave, we may request additional information from you via customer application forms, insertion orders and other forms. If you are a customer, we may provide you with the ability to access your account via an Open ID provider, in which case we will ask for your Open ID authentication information. If you do not want your Personal Information collected, please do not submit it. In order to ensure the safekeeping of your information, network advertising companies and publishers are not permitted to directly collect Personal Information through the Service.
- How We Use The Information We Collect Weave uses the information we collect about and from you for a variety of business purposes, including for example: to respond to your questions and requests; to provide you with access to certain functions and features of the Service; to provide and maintain your platform account(s); to verify your identity; to communicate with you about your account and activities using the Service and, in our discretion, to communicate changes to any Weave policy; to tailor content recommendations we serve you; to improve the Service for internal business purposes; to process applications and transactions; and for purposes we disclose at the time you provide your Personal Information or to which you otherwise consent.
Services On Our Behalf.
Though we normally perform all of the Services “in-house”, in order to carry out your requests, to make various features, services and materials available to you through the Service, and to respond to your inquiries, in certain instances we may share your Usage Information or Personal Information with third parties that perform functions on our behalf (or on behalf of our partners), such as companies or individuals like an e-mail service provider to send e-mails on our behalf or a career provider to process employment applications on our behalf and other companies or individuals that host or operate the Service and analyze data or provide customer service including via live chat software. We enter into agreements with all third parties who process Personal Information on our behalf to ensure that they do so in accordance with our instructions and applicable data protection laws.
Your Personal Information may also be used by us or shared with our subsidiaries, affiliates and other entities in the family of companies controlled by Weave Labs for internal reasons, primarily for business and operational purposes. As we continue to develop our business, we may sell or purchase a business or assets. If we purchase another entity or if another entity acquires us or all or substantially all of our assets, or assets related to the Service, Personal Information, Usage Information, and any other information that we have collected about the users of the Service may be disclosed to such entity as part of the due diligence process and, if we or our assets are acquired, will be transferred to such entity as one of the transferred assets. Also, if any bankruptcy or reorganization proceeding is brought by or against us, all such information may be considered an asset of ours and as such may be sold or transferred to third parties.
Weave may transfer and disclose information, including your Personal Information, Usage Information and Device Identifier, to third parties to comply with certain legal obligations when we believe in good faith that the law requires it; at the request of governmental authorities conducting an investigation; to verify, enforce or applicable terms or other applicable policies; to respond to an emergency; or otherwise to protect the rights, property, safety, or security of Weave, our customers or others. This may include exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
- Advertising/Behavioral Targeting; How To Opt-Out. Weave complies with the Digital Advertising Alliance’s self-regulatory principles and encourages you to exercise your right to control and choice regarding Weave’s use of interest-based targeting in the Service and/or advertising on the Site. Please review this section carefully to consider whether you would like to opt out of: personalization of the Weave Service, cookies from this Site or both.
- The Service
We may use third party analytics vendors to evaluate and provide us with information about the use of the Service. We do not share Personal Information with these third parties, but they may set and access their own cookies, pixel tags and similar technologies on your Device and they may otherwise collect or have access to information about you, including Usage Information.
We may also use third party redirects, which will redirect you through a third-party server before redirecting to the final landing page. On this redirect, the third party may place its own cookies, pixel tags and similar technologies on your device (e.g., for purposes of retargeting) and collect or have access to information about you, including Usage Information.
If the privacy of your clicks on recommendations or the pages you visit is a concern for you, we urge you to do the following:
- Do NOT click on any recommendation you do not want to be associated with.
- Opt out of Weave’s personalization tracking by clicking the below “Opt-Out” button
- If you use multiple devices and/or multiple browsers, opt out on each device/browser, and/or if you clear your cookies, to opt out again.
- You have Opted In to Weave tracking. Weave will serve you personalized recommendations
You have Opted Out of Weave tracking. You will no longer receive personalized recommendations
To opt-out of the collection and use of data on your mobile application(s), you can adjust your Device’s settings. Here are two examples for iOS and Android Devices:
iOS Devices: Settings > Privacy > Advertising > Limit Ad Tracking
Android Devices: Google Settings App > Ads > Opt Out of Interest-based Advertising
Your opt-out process may differ from the examples above, depending on which version of operating system is installed on your Device.
Please note, even though you have opted out:
- You will still see Weave’s recommendations. Opting out of Weave personalization tracking does not mean you will no longer receive internal recommendations and promoted content recommendations from Weave. It does mean that the internal recommendations and promoted content recommendations we serve you will not be personalized based on pages you read in the Weave network. You will likely receive less benefit from the Service because our recommendations will not be as well tailored to your interests, but we will still use information about the document you are viewing to provide you recommendations on that page.
- Weave honors requests to opt out of personalization tracking by placing a special Weave cookie on your Device that informs our servers not to record information about the pages you are visiting. We place cookies on your Device to prevent personalization tracking. Opting out of personalization tracking is not the same as blocking cookies. As mentioned above, if you browse the web from several Devices, you will need to opt out from each Device to ensure that we prevent personalization tracking on all of them. For the same reason, if you buy a new Device, change browsers or delete this cookie (or clear all cookies), you will need to perform this opt-out task again.
- The Site
- Your Privacy Rights, Choice And Access To the extent you have previously registered with us, you may always direct us not to share your Personal Information with third parties, not to use your Personal Information to provide you with information or offers, or not to send you newsletters, e-mails or other communications, by following the removal instructions in the communication that you receive. Please note that we do not send any communications to you unless you have previously indicated to us that you would like to receive such communication. In any event, in each commercial communication we send, we provide an opportunity to opt-out of such communication via an unsubscribe link. Please note that (i) it may take time to process email opt-out requests consistent with applicable law (but no longer than 10 days after receipt of a request) and (ii) you cannot opt-out of transactional or relationship messages sent to registered users of the Service or those who have engaged in transactions with us (e.g., account notifications).
If you wish to verify, correct, update or request the deactivation of your information collected through the Site or Service, you may edit your profile preferences or contact us at the above address or e-mail. In accordance with our routine record keeping, we may delete certain records that contain Personal Information you have submitted through the Service. We will respond to requests for access within 30 days. We are under no obligation to store such Personal Information indefinitely and disclaim any liability arising out of, or related to, the destruction of such Personal Information. In addition, you should be aware that it is not always possible to completely remove or delete all of your information from our databases without some residual data because of backups and other reasons.
Weave will retain your Personal Information for as long as needed to provide services to our customers. Weave will retain and use this Personal Information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
- Children The Service is not directed to children under 13. We do not knowingly collect Personal Information from anyone under 13 years of age. If we determine upon collection that a user is under 13, we will not use or maintain his/her Personal Information without the parent/guardian’s consent. If we become aware that we have unknowingly collected Personal Information from a child under the age of 13, we will make reasonable efforts to delete such information from our records.
- Security Of Your Information We maintain tight controls over all the data we collect, retaining it in firewalled and secured databases with strictly limited and controlled access rights, to ensure it is secure. When you enter sensitive information (such as login credentials) we encrypt that data via SSL encryption. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password that enables you to access certain features of the Service, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. Please remember that unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure, so although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted via the Service; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorized access.
- Other Sites The Service may contain links to other sites that we do not own or operate. This includes links from customers, sponsors and partners that may use our logo(s) as part of a co-branding agreement. We do not control, recommend or endorse and are not responsible for these sites or their content, products, services or privacy policies or practices. These other web sites may send their own cookies to your Device, they may independently collect data or solicit Personal Information and may or may not have their own published privacy policies. You should also independently assess the authenticity of any site that appears or claims that it is a part of the Service (including those linked to through an e-mail or social networking page).
- Consent To Processing And Transfer Of Information The Service is operated in the United States. Given that we are an international business, our use of your information necessarily involves the transmission of data on an international basis. If you are located in the European Union, Canada or elsewhere outside of the United States, please be aware that information we collect may be transferred to and processed in the United States. By using the Service, or providing us with any information, you consent to the collection, processing, maintenance and transfer of such information in and to the United States and other applicable territories in which the privacy laws may not be as comprehensive as or equivalent to those in the country where you reside and/or are a citizen.